Saturday 25 August 2012

The Junk Shop


Today I did a spot of charity shopping I came across a lovely kitchen dresser but managed to talk my way out of purchasing it, it seems that charity hops in Manchester have boomed in price they was asking £90 for a flat packed display cabinet. I don't usually give flat packed furniture a second look but it was the perfect wood finish with pristine glass doors. 

Today is an exciting day we have decided to have a new kitchen fitted so we headed to B&Q as they are having a 20% discount on kitchens this weekend, and to make things a little bit more lighter on the bill we also have a trade card so an extra 20% discounted. I am in two minds of white or cream my heart is screaming white I hate making decisions so quick its a new kitchen and we have waited so long to decorate. You all have not seen the dreaded one half of the kitchen its hanging off the wall as I type. I will keep you all updated this week on ideas that spring to mind.

So onto the bench cushion, a mile away is a junk warehouse its full to the ceiling of junk some beautiful and the odd old mattress thrown on top. I swear you need a hard helmet to enter this place most of the men are polish their and they don't speak a work of English so asking them to climb over pianos and crawl in between wardrobes is a task itself then explaining what you can see is impossible. The poor guy nearly broke his neck pulling this bench cushion out from under the junk. It was £3 and he had another but he was not even going to locate it because seriously it would of taken a week. Somebody had hand crafted this cushion it was patch worked beautifully and not a mark in sight.  


I really don't know why they threw this out, the junk shop is not charity run so its basically house clearances.


So I gave the seat cushion a lovely hot wash and it turned out lovely. For £3 its a bargain I hope to put it in the garden once we get the sunshine again.


Whilst on the way out I spoke to the owner and asked for some bizarre garden furnishings, the last time I was in there they had been donated the whole entire window display of House of Frazer, gigantic faux tree's with garden lights included. I came across this ladder he charged me £3 so I tried to fit it into the car but it would not fit so silly me said its ok I will walk home with it. So off I trotted in the rain one arm clinging to the ladder I had so many drivers looking at me I was just laughing to myself. I walked a mile and eventually got home without being mugged of a ladder.


Once the weather cheers up I will paint it up with a little distressing. 
I love my little bargains this weekend I hope to find more after the bank holiday. 



I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.
Before I leave I just wanted to say hello to my new followers, unfortunately I am unable to locate your blogs as some of them are not linked to your member information if that makes sense. If you could leave your link in a comment below I promise to visit your blog.

Tracy x

8 comments:

  1. How lucky to find the lovely patchwork, it looks gorgeous! I'm really looking forward to seeing some before and after kitchen pics, I ummed and aahed over the right colour for ours for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know what you mean I think I will opt for white as it will be so much lighter. We purchase it tomorrow very excited, thank you for your lovely comment. Tracy

      Delete
  2. What great finds. That ladder will look smashing when your finished im sure. Who would throw out that bench cushion too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still confused to why they would throw it out but I guess when you have made things you don't see the potential, that how I feel about things I have made anyway. Cant wait to paint the ladder. x

      Delete
  3. Super finds! The ladder looks great already!
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has the odd splash of colour on the ladder which I kind of like but at the moment it kind of looks like the window cleaners have been in and left without the ladder ha ha.

      Delete
  4. Oh that ladder is lovely. I wouldn't do a thing to it, it's so shabby abs rustic and looks great next to the painted wood in your garden.

    Lexie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up on your previous posts, oh trace you do make me laugh ^^ I cant wait to see you again! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts and enjoy your comments.