1. I attended Manchester University in 2005 to fulfil my life ambition to become a nurse I wasn't confident on being accepted as I had reached 25 and wasn't fresh out of school, it was a big decision leaving my home town of Scarborough and moving to Manchester to live alone. Me and my partner had bought a house their to make things a little more easier, he intended on moving with me and that didn't happen until 4 years later. I had some up's and downs on my course it was tough we worked placements and assignment and also portfolios which had to be filled in every day. I scraped each assignment and exam and came out successful on every placement in my last year of studying I was refereed to see a education psychologist I was told that I was dyslexic and had dyscalculia. I failed my final assignment 3 times by 2% on each resubmition you had to wait 3-4 months for them to mark your work and come to a decision whether to let you do it again. All of my friends had qualified in 2008 and I was still battling this assignment out travelling where there was work selling make-up :( sales lady! I passed eventually and graduated in 2010 I never gave up. This is the funny part... the day before I found out I had passed I had also found out I was pregnant Arghhhhh so I graduated with a 4 month bump. Time has passed and now we are in 2012 I have not started nursing yet in all honesty I feel I have lost my confidence and if any mothers or fathers can relate to me here having a baby can really make you feel like your out of the picture with the real world.
2. Believe it or not I hate gardening I have visions of how I would like it to look but I must admit I am a bit of a girl when it comes to weeding and digging. I hate woodlice and worms so I guess that doesn't help I don't have a big garden so its not too high maintenance, I keep threatening my other half with a gardener but he just shrugs his shoulders. Maybe these these things come with age.
3. I have been engaged for 9 years and have been with my college sweet heart for 12 years in total. I have an engagement ring collecting dust. Since having Eason my fingers have doubled in size I thought since I have lost 3 stone in a year I could of lost at least half a pound off each hand obviously not. We have dreams of a wedding but believe it or not we couldn't organise a Teddies Bears picnic.
4. I love charity shops purely for 2nd hand furniture I don't buy any old pieces usually furniture which once had value or has character. The best part is bringing it home stripping it and then painting it but ever since I discovered Annie Sloan I no longer need to strip or sand it just glides straight on. I usually sell most of the pieces I make over as I don't have the room to keep it all.
5. I love to listen to music if I don't listen to music I loose my motivation. You will often find me in the kitchen listening to anything from the 80's to Classical chill out.
6. I love anything American especially food I once spent a fortune in a local American import store everything seems to be fudge, caramel, cinnamon, peanut butter or dough these are my weaknesses. I once went to Florida in 2005 and had the doctor at my bedside on the 2n'd day of the holiday with Gastroenteritis well that's what he diagnosed me with, I didn't tell him I had eaten my body weight in babyruth bars.
7. I would love to be a Make up artist, some of you ask me did I have a creative job in the past and the answer is no but this has been another one of my ambitions probably even more so than Nursing I love my creative side. I wake up being creative and go to bed thinking of ways I can be more creative, don't get me wrong I love Nursing Its what I strived for but sometimes there is a little interest or hobby that is screaming career. My mum tells me not everybody enjoys their job but I don't believe this is true.
I hope this list has not rambled on too much for you and that your still with me on this post.
I would like to pass on this award and tag
Claire - http://thriftwood114.blogspot.co.uk/
Antoinette - http://shinglecottage.blogspot.co.uk/
The lovely Tracey - http://tracynko-motile.blogspot.co.uk/
Save the picture above and add it to your blog, publish a post 7 things about me.
Link your award back to me and then pass on the award to a follower.